2010年11月20日土曜日

What do you think about Japanese future, pessimistic or optimistic?

Regarding to this question, I should think that Japanese have a bright future and full of hope for a better society, but unfortunately, I don’t really think so. This is supposed to be not only my opinion, but the opinion of many others. Of course, each gender or generation has different opinions, but as far as I’m concerned, I seriously worry about the future of social security service, especially the current pension system in Japan. .


Firstly, Japan is facing an aging society with a low birthrate. As a result, there won't be enough young people to support the elderly through pensions. According to the estimate, pension payment will double in 2025. By then, only two of working people will support one elderly through pensions, instead of supporting by four people as now.


To make matter worse, Japanese pension system is a sort of “pay-as-you-go pension”, which means the current pensions are paid out of contributions from current workers. Due to the economic recession or declining birthrate, it is hard to maintain this system. Therefore, I would agree the idea which the taxation system should change into “funded pension” as soon as possible.


Furthermore, there was a serious problem that the Social Insurance Agency mishandled the management of pensions before. Under these circumstances, how can we trust the government service and think our future optimistically?


It is also said that there is a gap in pension benefits between generations. Therefore, in order to rebuild and strengthen a stable system, the government should control the pensions paid appropriately and take measures such as to revise the current tax allocation etc.,  I suppose.    

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿